The Palazzo

facciata-ingresso
THIS 16TH CENTURY HERITAGE HOME FEATURING 18TH CENTURY INTERIOR DECORATIONS ENJOYS A DOMINANT POSITION ON THE HILLSIDE OF RIPA DI FAGNANO.

The garden terraces face Mount Sirente and overlook the green Subequana Valley through which the Aterno River flows. The area features historical trails, stone mills, ancient Roman necropoli and ruins, ravines, hermitages and waterfalls. The palazzo was first built and inhabited by the families of Baron Romanelli, Vivio, Palmari and the Marquise Lucia Dragonetti. It was then purchased by the Rosati family at the end of the 18th century and has remained in the family since then. It features period furniture.

 

 

 

THE BUILDING FEATURES BAROQUE INTERIORS THAT WERE ADDED BY THE MARQUISE LUCIA DRAGONETTI DURING THE PERIOD 1704 TO 1736.
IMG_4555
IMG_4770
IMG_4520
IMG_4763
IMG_4558_2
IMG_4764
 
IMG_4548
specchio
IMG_4540
 

THE VILLAGE OF RIPA FAGNANO IS SITUATED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE VELINO SIRENTE PARK AND IS THE LARGEST OF THE TEN VILLAGES COMPRISING THE COUNTY OF FAGNANO ALTO. THE SURROUNDING TERRITORY IS UNCONTAMINATED, FLORID AND VARIED.
IMG_4491